Hey, how’s it going? Hopefully you are just getting organized and planning for the future by looking for hangover remedies that work. If you are already hungover and hurting, make sure that you read this whole article so that you won’t get caught off guard next time.
Hangovers are the unpleasant and painful symptoms that you suffer after a night of heavy drinking. You feel sick, dizzy, thirsty and probably confused when you first get out of bed…… or off the floor, whatever, no judgements from me. I’ve been there myself.
The only sure way to prevent a hangover is to not drink any alcohol at all. Here are some tips for the rest of us.
- Eat before you start drinking, this will slow the absorption of alcohol in the body. Eating greasy and fried food is bad for your health in general but it’s the ticket to lessening a hangover. The fatty foods will line the stomach and slow absorption.
- Most of the hangover pain is caused by dehydration and so it only makes sense to drink some water before drinking.
- Alternating one alcoholic drink and then one glass of water will help to prevent severe hangovers. It’s a good theory but when I’m drinking I am never inclined to remember, but do your best, it helps.
- Drinking alcohol sucks a lot of vitamins and nutrients out of the body. If you drink on a regular basis, check out the supplements listed below and take them regularly. Having your body full of essential vitamins and minerals will make the mornings way easier.
In The Morning:
- Replenish your body right away with a supplement containing essential vitamins and minerals.
- Drink a gatorade or powerade or anything that’s full of electrolytes. One before you go to bed wouldn’t hurt either. Actually, bring one to bed with you, in case you can’t move in the morning.
- As soon as the fog wears off, go for a walk outside. Oxygen increases the rate that alcohol toxins are broken down. Walking and exercise will get the blood flowing again and might even help you forget the pain of that hangover.
- If you are feeling nauseous try drinking some ginger tea to settle the stomach, or use a supplement that contains ginger.
- The old school “Hair of the Dog” method only numbs you and delays the inevitable pain. Don’t do it, more alcohol will only make things worse and it will take you extra days to recover.
- If you are really bad, try some dry toast or crackers to get some carbs and settle your stomach.
- If you are going to take pain medication make sure that it is aspirin or ibuprofen and not acetaminophen (Tylenol). Your liver is already working hard to eliminate the effects of alcohol and taking acetaminophen will be an added burden for it.
The following are some of the products available to prevent or defend against the hangover.Hangover Guardian: Advanced Hangover Pills w/Activated Charcoal, Cysteine, COQ10, & B Complex Vitamin Formula (60 Capsules) $24.95
Hangover Guardian is a unique formula that contains 9 ingredients and prevents hangover symptoms before they occur. It defends against aches, fatigue, queasy stomach and dehydration. It works while you drink because one of the ingredients is activated charcoal which soaks up dangerous toxins from the blood, protecting the body from harmful substances. It also contains N-Acetyl-Cysteine which supports a healthy liver by detoxifying acetaldehyde, the primary culprit of a hangover. It is loaded with B vitamins that help reduce headaches, nausea, and oxidizes alcohol, quickly transporting it out of your body. These vitamins also replace much needed nutrients that can get quickly depleted while consuming alcohol. Each bottle contains 60 capsules which is about 15 complete hangover treatments and it has a 90 day money back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.Hangover Pill- KÜRE Hangover Prevention and Recovery- 30 Capsules (15 Servings) Made in the USA- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee $12.99
Kure hangover prevention and recovery is the most powerful all natural hangover treatment on the market today. The unique formula of the Kure Hangover supplement stops hangovers by prevention, before they begin. The natural ingredients combine to fight off the dehydration and fatigue associated with a hangover, without using stimulants or caffeine.PreToxx for Hangovers & Liver Support (60 Vegetarian Capsules with Prickly Pear, Milk Thistle, Cysteine, and Electrolyte Blend) $26.99
PreToxx helps to reduce hangover symptoms and supports liver function. Natural ingredients including prickly pear and milk thistle extracts work while you drink, helping to support a healthy lever. PreToxx also includes a powerful electrolyte blend to help replenish vital nutrients lost during alcohol consumption.Forget Hangovers Prevention-Remedy Patch, 12 Pack $24.99
You must be 21 or older to purchase. This “Hangover Patch” takes Thiamin known as vitamin B1 and delivers it to the body through a trans-dermal application process, thus allowing rapid absorption into the bloodstream. The patch is intended for use prior to drinking. Place the patch on an area of your body that is not hairy and over the next 36-48 hours it will release vitamin B1 into the bloodstream through the skin. It replaces what the alcohol takes out preventing the hangover before it begins.Bytox Hangover Prevention Remedy Patch Multivitamin Pack of 10 Patches $25.25
This patch contains 12 organic, all natural ingredients and it is a powerful blend of nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants. This easy to use patch helps prevent hangovers. It will restore balance to the body and replenish nutrients lost due to the over consumption of alcohol.Toniiq Ultra Premium Hangover Prevention (6 To-Go Packets) ● Detoxify & Support Liver Function ● Restore The Body With Antioxidants ● Boost Natural Defenses ● GUARANTEED Hangover Prevention ● 100% Money Back Guarantee $19.97
This remedy is in capsule form, you take two before you go to bed and one in the morning. It is made form high grade Lingzhi which is an herb that has been used for over 2,000 years. It works by boosting the bodies natural defenses and helps to restore the body and detoxify and support liver function. It breaks down toxic alcohol by-products in the body. Antioxidants restore the body by increasing the flow of oxygen and rejuvenating the body on a cellular level.
Good luck out there and be prepared for the next time you drink. Get one of these hangover remedies that work today